Top 10 Team Building Exercise Tips
Top 10 Tips for Outstanding Team Building Trainers
1. Be flexible. The unexpected can be your greatest moments.
2. Be well-prepared. Back-up props, back-up activities, back-up agenda, back-up everything.
3. Leave your ego outside the room. Follow the flow of the group even when it goes off your course.
4. Tell personal stories that are true and make a point.
5. Ask outstanding questions (so that true learning and reflection abound).
6. Anticipate resistance, deviations, and mistakes. How you handle these impacts the whole day and is usually where the learning takes place.
7. Pause often. Whether after a sentence, after an activity, or after a de-brief, allow your participants to think and reflect. This is the time when they come up with their own solutions and lessons.
8. Take risks and try new things. We teach what we need to learn.
9. Involve the whole group. Design the learning so that the learners focus on themselves and each other. You create the learning experience ---- and then step back.
10. Keep the day fun, fun, fun. And always close with high impact.