- Mentoring – Choose strong role models and be one to others.
- Laughing – Laugh at yourself…and with others…and often.
- Empathizing – Put yourself in the other person’s shoes
- Inspiration – Find a hero, model them, stretch yourself, and share your gifts.
- Vulnerability – “I’m sorry.” “I was wrong.” “I recommit.”
- Researching – Go to book stores, listen to tapes, use the Internet, hang out with wiser people, attend workshops, etc.
- Reflecting – What have you learned? What will you do differently?
- Criticizing – Be open to constructive criticism. It has the potential to teach us.
- Communicating – Ask, ask, ask. Listen, listen, listen. People cannot read our minds.
- Risk-taking – Attempt new approaches. Let go of old attitudes. Put your beliefs on probation.
- Assessing – What is important in your life? Who is important in your life? What really matters?
- Goal Setting – Make measurable and put a time limit.
- Making Time – You make time for stuff or you make excuses.
- CANI – “constant and never-ending improvement” (from Tony Robbins)
Larry Lipman is a Success Coach specializing in TEAM BUILDING!